CITY PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
- Undertakes the mandate of Sections 38, 113, 316, and 476 of the Local Government Code;
- Performs the mandates of Executive Order No. 78, Series 1996 Reinstating the Zoning Administration Function to CPDO; and
- Does other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Chief Executive or the Sangguniang Panlungsod from time to
ASSISTANT CITY PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
- Assists the CPDC in the discharge of official functions;
- Assists in the supervision of the implementation of office plans, programs and activities; and
- Does other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Provides administrative support services to the technical divisions and assists in the office administration thru:
- Records/communication management;
- General office correspondence preparation;
- Personnel management(monitoring/ implementation of CSC/HRMDO/office policies);
- Financial management;
- Supplies/Property Management; and
- General Housekeeping.
PLANS AND PROGRAMS DIVISION
- Coordinates/integrates sector plans and policies into short, medium and long term macro plans (Comprehensive Devt. Plan) and policies of the city;
- Formulates Comprehensive Land Use Plan & integrates Public Investment Plans/Programs;
- Formulates and recommends integrated development planning policies and guidelines;
- Acts as secretariat to the City Devt. Council (CDC) and Housing and Land Use Committee; and
- Undertakes local capability building of barangays and community organizations to promote people participation in dev’t planning/investment programming for sustainable development.
RESEARCH INFORMATION SYSTEM AND STATISTICS DIVISION
- Serves as data center of information for the city and its development efforts;
- Recommends statistical models/designs and analytical tools for data gathering and utilization;
- Integrates data sets and converts them to useful bits of information for public use and support to LGU decision making;
- Harnesses current technology to support planning and decision making; and
- Develops application systems and undertakes computer hardware maintenance for the office.
PROJECT EVALUATION DIVISION
- Undertakes regular monitoring and evaluation of all development projects in the city;
- Recommends strategies/interventions for more efficient projects implementation to insure maximum use of scare government resources;
- Does regular assessment of project implementation in relation to achievement of the goal of the Comprehensive Land Use & Development Plans and Executive & Legislative Agenda; and
- Operationalizes the City Project Monitoring Committee (PMC) and Barangay Monitoring Committee (BPMC).
SPECIAL PROJECTS DIVISION
- Undertakes project and fund source identification, pre-feasibility/feasibility studies preparation;
- Conducts public consultations, meetings on framework development, social acceptability of proposed projects and programs;
- Project development and management during pre-implementation phase of relevant projects;
- Monitors major project implementation status and facilities turn-over of the project from project implementers to the beneficiaries/users;
- Prepares training designs and conducts training needs assessments of the beneficiaries of relevant projects; and
- Coordinates with relevant agencies during pre-implementation stage of the project and conducts project appraisal activities of developed projects.
LAND USE AND ZONING DIVISION
- Processes and evaluates subdivision plans per BP220 & PD 957;
- Processes & evaluates applications for locational clearances, zoning certifications; business locational clearances & Miscellaneous Sale Applications (MSAs);
- Formulates policies/guidelines in the implementation of zoning ordinance;
- Conducts consultations on development projects and mediation of complaints on land use & zoning;
- Reviews/evaluates/ inspects/monitors compliance to Zoning Ordinance;
- Coordinates/integrates urban design, renewal & redevelopment (UDRR) in land use planning; and
- Acts as secretariat to land use special bodies (Development Control Committee and City Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals).